We are delighted to be inviting members to attend lectures either on Zoom or face to face at our usual venue, Marlborough Road Methodist Church (MRMC). A massive amount of work has been undertaken by key individuals to make this a reality and the society owes these individuals an immense debt of gratitude.
MRMC has produced mandatory guidelines for physical attendance which are incorporated into this document. Please help us protect the health of those present and retain our ability to continue using MRMC by observing the guidelines. Any failure to observe them will be viewed very seriously by the Society’s Council and may result, for example, in the member being prevented from attending future lectures. Of course, government and MRMC guidelines may alter with very little notice. The Society will attempt to keep members abreast of developments but cannot guarantee it will be able to do so, particularly for those not on email.
Booking for Lectures
Registering to attend lectures must be done via Eventbrite whether you intend joining us at the church or via Zoom.
There will be the following options:
- Attendance via Zoom: Member/Non-member the latter incurring a £5 charge
- Physical attendance at MRMC -Members only. Physical attendees will be asked to specify whether they will sit upstairs or downstairs.
Physical Attendance in MRMC
These details and many more measures have been put in place for your safety and the safety of others:
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the event. Access will be via the steps at the front of the church, not via the ramp. A council member will be at the entrance to assist.
- We may use the side entrance to exit onto New Kent Road.
- Observe social distancing of at least 1 metre at all times and be guided by members of SAHAAS Council and the signs which are displayed. Do not congregate in the vestibule area.
- Use the wall mounted hand sanitiser on entry to the building. Extra wall mounted sanitiser dispensers are available at various points, including by the toilets.
- Avoid touching surfaces in the premises as much as possible.
- Sit and remain in the seats allocated by your SAHAAS Council members.
- The chairs in the Church must not be moved.
- Face coverings must be worn by all those not exempt.
- Keep everything you brought with you to hand and take it away at the end. There are no coat hooks available.
- To further protect attendees, we will be not passing around a handheld mic during Q&A sessions. The Chair will summarise questions from the floor for the benefit of those joining via Zoom.
- Toilets are available but do sanitise your hands before entering the toilet and use the wipes provided to wipe the taps, flush and door handles, just before leaving, to protect the next user. Dispose of the wipes in the bin provided.
- Access to the toilets is via the rear door situated to the right-hand side of the pulpit. Please use the toilets in closest proximity to that door. We cannot access the toilets via the corridor between the Church and the Hall. Notices will show which toilets we can use.
- Attendees are reminded to socially distance outside the premises both before and after their event. Please be aware of passing pedestrians so as not to cause congestion.
If you have any of the symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of/change to sense of smell or taste) please stay at home and join via Zoom.
If you would answer ‘yes’ to the following, we will also expect you to join via Zoom:
- Have you been in touch with someone who has had Covid in the last 14 days?
- Are you or anybody in your household at greater risk of becoming seriously ill from Covid-19?
- Have you not yet had your two vaccinations and booster jab, or are unable to receive the vaccination?
If you are attending MRMC please remember to dress up warm due to ventilation requirements.