Once you are a member, you can take part in a variety of activities:
- volunteer to be a ‘Clockateer’, to help keep the Clock Tower open to the public. This involves joining the roster of volunteers who staff the Clock Tower and sell tickets for a few days a year. Contact the Clock Tower co-ordinator;
- join one of our research groups set up to tackle specific projects. If you are interested, contact the relevant Research co-ordinator;
- buy one of the Society’s interesting books about aspects of St Albans’ history. Find out more by browsing our Publications;
- participate in periodic photographic surveys of St Albans, to record the changes that occur with the passage of time. If you are interested, contact the Secretary;
- process archaeological finds held by the District Archaeologist for St Albans;
- assist with running the Society’s library, including accessioning and cataloguing. The Library group meets weekly on Wednesday mornings. If you are interested, contact the Librarian;
- support the annual lecture programme, by helping to set up the audio-visual arrangements from time to time. Contact the Lecture Secretary for more details.