Going down …
Let your imagination run wild and design a way for our visitors to get down from the top of the Clock Tower, without going back down the stairs. Visitors can stay safe on the way up to the top of the Tower but because of the narrow staircase they can’t socially distance on the way down, so we need you to devise a new way down.
Your drawing can be practical, funny, high tech or whatever you like, it just needs to show how to get from the roof top down to the ground. It could be a zip wire over to the Cathedral, a fun slide or maybe our visitors could parachute their way back to the ground!
A4-sized drawings in pen, pencil, crayon or paint
Your drawing should be on paper no bigger than A4 using pens, pencils, crayons or paint. Once finished, take a photo or scan of it, no more than 10MB in size, and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write ‘Entry for Clock Tower Drawing Competition 2020’ in the subject line. Please include in the email your name, age, email address, a couple of sentences explaining how your design works, along with a title, and a sentence from your parents giving consent.
There are three ages categories, 7 years and under, 8 to 12 and 13 and over. There will be one prize for each category of Clock Tower merchandise and free entry to the Clock Tower for the winner and their family for one year.
The winning entries will be published on the SAHAAS website (St Albans and Hertfordshire Architectural and Archaeological Society), the St Albans Museum + Gallery’s website and the original art work will be displayed as part of the SAHAAS 175th Exhibition at the St Albans Museum + Gallery later this year.
Terms and conditions / rules of the competition
- The competition is run by SAHAAS (St Albans and Hertfordshire Architectural and Archaeological Society) and St Albans Museum + Gallery.
- The competition is open to children in three categories – 7 years and under, 8 to 12, and 13 and over.
- All entries must be the sole work of the entrant.
- SAHAAS and St Albans Museum + Gallery requires the consent in writing, included in the entry e-mail, of the parent or guardian of the entrant that, if the submitted entry is chosen to be the winner, then the entry and the entrant’s name and age may be published.
- You may only send one entry to the competition.
- There is one prize for each category – a selection of Clock Tower merchandise and free entry to the Clock Tower for the winner and their family for one year.
- The closing date for entries is 15th July 2020.
- Entries must be sent digitally, no more than 10MB in size, to email@example.com and include name, age, email address, a brief description of the design with title and parental consent.
- Entries will be judged by a panel drawn from members of the SAHAAS council and St Albans Museum + Gallery in August 2020. The decision of the judging panel is final.
- Winners will be notified by email by Friday 14th The judges regret that they cannot enter into any correspondence about individual entries.
- By submitting an entry to the competition, you give SAHAAS and St Albans Musuem + Gallery: a) Permission for your entry, if it wins, to be published on their websites and grant them a licence to republish your competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the competition; b). The right to use your name and age for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry; and c). The right to display the original winning entry in the St Albans Museum + Gallery. Entrants retain copyright of their submitted entries subject to the above.
- Sending in an entry to the competition means that you accept these Terms and Conditions.