As a member of the Society, you’ll enjoy many benefits:
- an award-winning newsletter four times a year.
- a varied programme of up to 25 lectures a year. Attendance is free for members; non-members may attend by paying £5 for each session.
- access to our specialist library on Hertfordshire history, and help from our friendly librarians.
- the opportunity to join others in researching many aspects of Hertfordshire history, and help improve our understanding of the past.
- members-only research seminars and visits to places of historic interest.
- the right to buy the Society’s Hertfordshire Archaeology and History journal at the concessionary rate of £5, as compared to £20 for non-members.
Subscriptions are due by the start of the Society’s financial year on 1 June. Members paying their first subscription between 1 February and 1 June are entitled to membership until the end of the following year – up to 16 months.
From 1 June 2018, subscriptions for adult members are £20 a year, and £10 each for spouses/partners living at the same address, as well as students. Children may attend lectures free of charge.
Members’ names and addresses are kept solely for Society communications. If you do not wish your details to be stored please inform the Membership Secretary. In that case, you will still be able to keep up to date on lectures and events by visiting the website, but we shall not be able to send you the newsletter or emails.
Joining the Society